Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Favorite Place Being Loved to Death - Turkey Run State Park - Indiana

My personal favorite park is one from my childhood, Turkey Run State Park in west central Indiana. Over one million people visit the park annually, with the peak visitation time being when the fall foliage fans flock to the park from all around the region to see the leaves change colors.

I have witnessed firsthand as this park has been "loved to death," although the things I saw are not what you would expect from folks who truly love it. Among the things I saw numerous times: beer and soda cans, dirty diapers, used condoms and human waste. Nevertheless, I still love this park and wish others would respect it more like I do.

Turkey Run Facts:
1150 acres, approximately one hour driving time southwest of Indianapolis, IN
Nearly 300 acres of virgin forest, bisected by Sugar Creek River
Many hiking trails, glacial gorges and covered bridges

For more information, visit their web site or the Turkey Run Inn web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment